LOUISVILLE AND NASHVILLE DEPOT
206 Henry St. Built in 1909. Frame Vernacular. 1 story. Building follows standard plan of L and N Railroad Co. stations. Little altered from when it was built.
BAGDAD VILLAGE HISTORIC DISTRICT, 1840-1930
144 Buildings of historical interest. Frame Vernacular, many with both Creole and Gulf Coast elements. Site of one of West Florida's largest lumber mills. Like other mill towns, Bagdad declined when the mill closed. The town has a number of 2-story commercial buildings built from plans purchased from Sterns and Culver of Chicago.
Bagdad Village Preservation Association
THOMAS CREEK ARCHAEOLOGICAL
East of Chumuckla. 8000 B.C.-early 19th century. Archaic to Historic period. Several sites in area show evidence of human occupation for approximately 10,000 years.
BETHUNE BLACKWATER SCHOONER
Well-preserved coastal schooner submerged in harbor. Located on the edge of a small slough that connects with Blackwater River. Little is known about its origin. Site has been studied intensely by underwater archaeologists.
FLORIDA STATE ROAD NO.1
E of Milton, parallel to U.S. 90. 6-mile brick highway completed in 1921. Most presently not in use. The first section of a paved highway that was to run from Jacksonville to the Pacific coast. It was to be named the Old Spanish Trail.
MILTON HISTORIC DISTRICT 1840-1930
162 buildings, 117 of historical interest. Frame Vernacular, Colonial Revival, Bungalow styles predominate. Town was of great importance as a lumber center. Located at the upper navigable limits of the Blackwater River. In its early days 3-masted schooners sailed up the river to pick up cotton and lumber.
MT.PILGRIM AFRICAN BAPTIST CHURCH
Corner of Alice and Clara Streets. Built in 1916. Gothic Revival. Wallace A. Rayfield, architect. 1 story. Red brick exterior, windows are Gothic arched. Designer was one of the nation's leading black architects. Constructed by members of the congregation who were primarily descendants of the original members of the church.
302 Pine St. c. 1870. Gothic elements. 1 and a half stories, frame, originally a simple cottage, but to include a large pyramidal roof tower and other elements, mainly Gothic. Home of Joseph Ollinger, ship's carpenter who immigrated from Luxembourg and later owned a shipyard. Shipyard burned during retreat of Confederates in the Civil War, but rebuilt later.
ST. MARY'S EPISCOPAL CHURCH AND RECTORY
300 and 301 Oak St. 1872+. Gothic Revival (church), Greek Revival (rectory). Church: 1 story, frame, board-and-baten, with gabled roof. Rectory: 1 and a half stories, frame, full-width porch. Church and rectory erected by Dr. Charles E. McDougall, rector of the church as well as a physician.
ARCADIA MILL SITE
1 mile SW of Milton. 1817-1855. One of the earliest industrial complexes in territorial Florida. Composed of a saw mill, a cotton textile mill, a mule-powered railroad, a rock quarry, a bucket factory, and workers' living quarters. The site is expected to yield important information about industrial technology and society in the Antebellum South.